Featured Historic Photo Wayne Brickyard On the site of today’s Blyth Park. Click picture to enlarge. Wayne Brickyard: Established in 1888 by Henry Stanley on a site belonging to John Blyth. Albert Ness worked here at one time. Stanley lived with the Blyths. The brickyard was located at the east end of the railroad bridge at Wayne, and a spur track ran into the yard. The yard burned thousands of cords of wood while operating. The yard closed in the 1890s when the proprietor lost his right arm. Wood remaining on the property was consumed by a heavy forest fire. Snow broke down the roofs of the buildings. The boiler was loaded on a scow and was taken to the Pontiac Brickyard on the north shore of Lake Washington in 1900. This is a photo of a party at John Blyth’s house. The people strolled over to the brickyard for the photo. Left to right: young Joe Blyth, his parents John and Christina Blyth, the Blyths’ hired girl (unidentified), Mrs. Jacob Mohn holding her son Hanford, Mrs. Carl J. Ericksen (mother of Bothell grocer Gerhard Ericksen), Mrs. Andrew Fatland, next four people unidentified, Mrs. Pete Person (seated) with child, unidentified woman, and Mrs. Charles Erickson.